TOP 5 ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR BOOK BATH
Firstly, what is a Book Bath? A Book Bath is a great way to combine a few self-care techniques into one bubble bath experience! It can be as simple or as elaborate as you choose to make it. There are truly days where I just put my phone in another room, grab whatever I’m currently reading and turn on the faucet. Then there are days where I’m determined to feel like a mother flipping queen. Listed below are my recommendations to just get going!
- A book. This part is important! Please don’t feel obligated to read something to improve yourself. A Book Bath is all about escape, read a genre that makes you happy! Lately I have been forcing myself to read outside of my comfort zone and it can often feel like a chore. There is nothing wrong with a good old steamy romance or page turning thriller for your Book Bath experience.
- Bubbles! WHY? Because they are good old-fashioned fun, and is it just me or is the sound of them dissolving therapeutic?
- A candle! Be mindful that you’re picking a scent that won’t be too overwhelming. I try to pair my candle scents to my bubble scents. This is my current favorite bubble and candle combo.
- A snack and beverage combo of your choice! I try to avoid things that are crumby because crumbs in the tub is not cute. My personal favorite right now are fruits you can snack on like grapes, blueberries, or apples slices. I would be lying if I didn’t admit to also eating cake in the bath every now and again! Treat yourself!
- Lastly, any little extra thing to make you feel pampered. Lately I’ve been into hair masks. I also really love face masks, lip masks, weird lotions and those under-eye thingies. Make this part creative and unique to yourself and what your body is craving!
BONUS: Don’t forget your bath board! Here is the one that I am using. I absolutely recommend it, Those side pieces move and are removable.
If you have any suggestions for a bath product that I should try, I would really LOVE to hear about it. Leave me a comment below!